- The battery must be fully charged before firmware upgrade.
- Do not reset PLENUE 2 Mark II during firmware upgrade.
- Backup any important files in PLENUE 2 Mark II to your PC before firmware upgrade.
- Please use firmware that COWON authorizes only.
- JetEffect values might be initialized after firmware upgrade. Please record any important values.
- Improved compatibility with some smartphones when using USB DAC function. *
- Improved compatibility with some battery chargers.
- Added optical output ON/ OFF function. (Setting ▶ System ▶ Optical Output)
- Improved switching sensitivity of vertical/horizontal screen mode
- Corrected partial system time setting errors.
- Improved ALAC decoder.
- Fixed a problem where a noise occurs when ending some DSD file playback in firmware version 2.30
- * When connecting PLENUE with your smartphone in USB DAC mode and if you see the message 'High-power USB device connected ', set PLENUE "Setup ▶ System ▶ USB DAC Power" menu setting to 'Built-in Battery' and connect the USB cable with the PLENUE power ON.
How to Install Firmware
- After downloading the firmware file (PLENUE_2_x.xx), unzip it (PLENUE_2_FW, PLENUE_2_FW_key).
- Turn on PLENUE 2 Mark II and connect it to a PC by a USB cable.
- Copy and paste the two files (PLENUE_2_FW, PLENUE_2_FW_key) to the root folder of PLENUE 2 Mark II.
- Right-click on the icon [Safely Remove Hardware] in the tray at the lower right corner of the screen to disconnect the device from the PC.
- First of all, please make sure PLENUE 2 Mark II is turned off. Then, press a power button of the device. Firmware upgrade process will be shown on the screen followed by PLENUE 2 Mark II's automatic turning off. Please turn on the device again. There would be two times of firmware upgrade.
- When PLENUE 2 Mark II turns off again after showing a 'Success' message on the screen, turn on the device again.
- Firmware version is can be checked at settings ▶ system ▶ information.