The battery must be fully charged before firmware upgrade.
Do not reset PLENUE R2 during firmware upgrade.
Backup any important files in PLENUE R2 to your PC before firmware upgrade.
Please use firmware that COWON authorizes only.
JetEffect values might be initialized after firmware upgrade. Please record any important values.
- Modified to put balanced output first when balanced and unbalanced terminals are inserted at the same time.
- Improved compatibility with some smartphones when using USB DAC function. *
- Improved compatibility with some battery chargers.
- Improved stability of specific sound source files at optical output.
* When connecting PLENUE with your smartphone in USB DAC mode and if you see the message
'High-power USB device connected ', set PLENUE "Setup ▶ System ▶ USB DAC Power" menu
setting to 'Built-in Battery' and connect the USB cable with the PLENUE power ON.
PLENUE R2 Firmware V1.11 Download
UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONSHow to Install Firmware
After downloading the firmware file (PLENUE_R2_1.11.zip), unzip it (PLENUE_R2_FW, PLENUE_R2_FW_key).
Turn on PLENUE R2 and connect it to a PC by a USB cable.
Copy and paste the two files (PLENUE_R2_FW, PLENUE_R2_FW_key) to the root folder of PLENUE R2.
Click on the icon [Safely Remove Hardware] in the tray at the lower right corner of the screen to disconnect the device from the PC.
First of all, please make sure PLENUE R2 is turned off. Then, press a power button of the device. Firmware upgrade process will be shown on the screen followed by PLENUE R2's automatic turning off. Please turn on the device again. There would be two times of firmware upgrade.
When PLENUE R2 turns off again after showing a 'Success' message on the screen, turn on the device again.
Firmware version is can be checked at settings > system > information.